ECTPC of WA promotes collaboration and articulation between preparation programs at associate degree granting institutions and institutions that grant bachelors, master and/or doctoral degrees.
The Early Childhood Childhood Teacher Preparation Council of Washington is a professional organization of ECE educators.
Our purpose is to:
- Promote collaboration and articulation between preparation programs at associate degree granting institutions and Institutions that grant bachelors, master, and/or doctoral degrees.
- Inform policy makers and have an influential voice on the policy decisions that affect the preparation of Early Childhood Education teachers in the State of Washington.
- Encourage research and interpretation of research that improves the quality of teacher preparation and early childhood programs.
- Collaborate with other groups and agencies working in ECE.
- Encourage credentialing, certification, and best practices standards for various levels of ECE Instructional personnel.
- Be aligned with the national associations: ACCESS (American Associate Degree Early Childhood Educators); National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators: and National Association for the Education of Young Children