Starting Strong Institute
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
August 3, 4 and 5, 2015
Capital Region ESD 113, AESD, OSPI, DEL, Thrive-by-Five and our partners are hosting this three-day conference featuring keynote speakers and numerous breakout sessions focused on P-3 alignment and implementation including WaKIDS, Full-day Kindergarten, the Early Learning Guidelines and Common Core, Community Collaboration and much more! We will not have a separate Full-day Kindergarten Institute this year: Instead Full-day Kindergarten sessions will be interwoven throughout the three-day Starting Strong Institute.
The Starting Strong Vision
The purpose of the Starting Strong P-3 Institute is to bring together early learning professionals and K-12
educators for discussions about innovation and alignment between systems.
Goals of the Starting Strong P-3 Institute:
- Increase connections between early learning and K-12 professionals;
- Apply theory to practice within a P-3 framework;
- Present information about Washington’s early learning priorities, initiatives, and promising practices.
Who should attend?
- Kindergarten – 3rd grade teachers
- Preschool teachers
- Child care providers
- Community agency partners
Clock Hours and STARS Credit Hours available